Beat the toll bridge with Cobbs Country Store
Bring in your toll bridge ticket and we will refund your ticket minimum spend £5.00.
One ticket per customer per transaction.
Wondering if your horse 🐎 has put on weight or lost weight 🤔 over the winter months.
Then why not try out the Cobbs free mobile weigh bridge service?
- Find out if your horse is over weight
- Keep track of seasonal weight changes
- Monitor your horses health
- Dose medications correctly
- Monitor growth in young horses
- Monitor and track weight – Notice recurring patterns and possible health problems
Many owners (and even veterinarians!) think they are good at guessing a horse weight just by looking at the horse. This is not the case, and even the most “experienced” weight guessers are often off by at least 200 pounds. In some cases, 200 pounds is not a big deal. However, if you are dosing a very potent medication to a horse that is 500 pounds, and you (or your vet) guess him to be 750 pounds, he is getting an extra half dose of the medication!
Yard visits are available for 3+ horses or bring your horse along for an on-site weighing we have plenty of yard space for lorry’s or trailer parking. FOR FREE
Appointments must be booked in advance, […]
Not sure of your dogs weight bring your dog into store and we will weigh it.
- Monitor weight loss
- Dose medicines, wormers & flea treatments correctly
- Monitor growth in puppies
- Measure the correct feed based on weight
- Monitor health conditions
- For showing
- If visits to the vet for weigh-ins are stressful for your dog or difficult for you to schedule
Tips for weighing
- Always weigh your dog at the same time of the day.
- Weigh your dog on an empty stomach – before they are fed or have a large drink.
- Weigh your dog after they have had a chance to urinate/defecate.
- Ensure your dog is dry when you weigh them.
- If your dog is wearing a collar- ensure it is the same one worn at each weigh-in.